Healthy snacking is now a trending concept. But, is it enough to just snack healthy or should there be a combination of healthy and smart snacking?
Well, snacking healthy is useful only if done smartly!
Let’s look at a few tips on how to snack healthy:
1. Go for nuts: Different kind of nuts like almonds, walnuts, cashew nuts are excellent for a quick mid-day snack. They are rich in fibre and so have a good satiety value. Not only do they keep the hunger at bay until the next meal, they are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and other nutrients that are good for the body. The best is they are easy to carry with you.
2. Innovation: Yes! Innovation in cooking can help bring out many healthy snacks for you and your family. Using breakfast ingredients to make homemade snacks is an innovative way to snack healthy. Oats, cornflakes and rice can be used to make cookies, biscuits, muffins and granola bars that are easy to carry and keep your stomach full for a long time.
3. Liquids: Few liquid recipes like smoothies, juices and milkshakes are also a good way to beat the hunger and snacking healthy. These are also good alternatives to healthy snacks for kids who are fussy eaters.
4. Fruits: These are by far the easiest kinds of healthy snacks. They are easily available, need no preparation and are easy to carry around. All that said, they are full of amazing nutrients.
5. Whole grain snacks: Whole- grain snacks are another great way of healthy snacking. Not only do they have healthy nutrients, they also provide instant energy to keep you going through your day.
Now that you have some quick tips on how to snack healthy, do not forget to pack your snack box to work or school to keep fresh and healthy all throughout the day!
NATURE ESSENTIAL FOODS